I suspect everyone is on edge. Democrats listen to the mainstream media which predicts that Biden will win. But they remember 2016 and they fear a repeat. Republicans listen to the mainstream media and even Fox News say Trump is behind, but he may win. They remember 2016 and pray for a repeat. When you combine this with massive early voting and vote by mail, no one is very confident at predicting things. Trump continues to campaign like a mad man, and even Biden is making brief chaotic appearances. So, the question is, how does anyone put this in perspective. I suggest the following:
- Remember who has lied to you repeatedly in a desperate attempt to destroy Donald Trump. All the previous attempts failed. Why would you believe them now?
- If Trump is way behind, why on earth are all those people showing up hours early in horrible weather to cheer him at his rallies?
- If Biden is doing so well, why can he hold his rallies in a phone booth and not be crowded?
- If all the polls got it wrong in 2016, why do you think they are right now?
- If no votes have been counted, how does anyone know how people have voted?
- Do you really think Biden promising to transition away from oil and gas will not impact the election in Pennsylvania? Or how about when he lied about banning fracking?
- Why do Trump crowds spontaneously break out into chants of “four more years” while the handful of people attending a Biden event only honk their horn when he trashes Trump?
- Why does Biden continue to lie about what Trump said at Charlottesville?
- Why does Biden continue to lie about what Trump said about the military?
- Why won’t the mainstream media report on the Hunter Biden emails?
There are more things to consider.
In Florida, more Democrats have already mailed in ballots than Republicans. But the margin is less that it was for Hillary in 2016, and she lost.
Telemundo, yes that Telemundo, did a poll showing Trump nearly tied in support among Hispanic voters. How is that possible if Biden is winning?
Telemundo also shows Trump getting 74% of Cuban American votes. How is Biden going to win Florida if that is accurate?
Numerous polls show black support for Trump much higher than it was in 2016. Are the polls wrong about that?
Gallup reports that 56% of people think they were better off now than four years ago. Does that matter?
So far at least 1.9 million ballots mailed to voters have not been returned. Why? Are they real voters? Have they moved? Are they dead? Or, perhaps, they just don’t plan to vote?
Democrats only win when they run up the vote so high in major metropolitan areas that Republicans can’t catch up. But people are fleeing major metropolitan areas in droves. That means there are fewer votes available. There are no signs of Biden doing better than Hillary in big cities.
Why do you think Democrats, who are clearly incapable of running major metropolitan areas are going to do well at managing mail in ballots? Check out how that has worked so far in New York and New Jersey.
Democrats are thrilled that young voters appear to be turning out in early voting. But they may not show up on election day and at least some of them will vote for the guy that makes it more likely they can get a job.
Republicans have been going door to door, all over the country, for weeks. The Biden campaign just started doing that this week. Usually Democrats have a much better ground game than Republicans. This year, it is the exact opposite.
I do not know what will happen, but I would rather be supporting Trump than Biden. I think if Biden wins, it will be by a narrow margin, but if Trump wins, it could be a landslide. Every poll, even ones showing Biden in the lead, shows Trump with momentum.
Michael Moore, who hates Trump, thinks he will win. Unlike other people that is not what Michael Moore wants, it is what he truly believes.
Finally look around you. Look at France, Germany, Italy, the UK, Spain, and everywhere else. What do you see? I seem COVID 19 cases spiking again. I also see people protesting lockdowns and protesting mandatory masks.
A lot of people, all over the world, are sick and tired of having every minute of their life dominated by the fear of COVID 19. Biden tells us we should be more afraid, and he will solve this by having everyone hide in their basement until COVID goes away. Does anyone think that will work? Trump on the other hand says I got it and I am still here. What are you afraid of? The most tragic possible decision is to be afraid to live for fear of dying.
A lot of people are living on the edge. But, the clock continues to run and I suspect that we will know the results sooner than anyone predicts. The reason is very simple. If it is close on election night, Biden has the advantage. But if the trends noted above are real, it won’t be close at all. Here is how you will know. If Trump wins easily in Ohio and Florida, Biden is in serious trouble. If he wins in Pennsylvania, it is over. If you turn on your TV at 5:00 p.m. PST and find out they have already called Florida for Trump, start chilling the champagne.
I wouldn’t recommend betting, but if you do bet, bet on red.